Thursday, October 7, 2010

Halloween Recipe-- Spooky Stew

I have a recipe called Pot Likker Stew that's particularly ugly in appearance, but delicious in taste. It's similar to the famous "Seven Year Stew" in concept, but this one came from my grandfather, who lived through the Great Depression and never wasted anything. When you're cleaning up the leftovers from a meal, toss the beef, vegetables and their juices into a freezer container. Keep saving these tasty leftovers layer by layer until the container is full. Heat it up, season if necessary, and you have a free --but ugly-- stew. Adding the mashed potato ghosts and some cheese would definitely improve the visual appeal. LOL!


Main Dish: Spooky Stew

Main Dish: Spooky Stew

Every party needs a few savory offerings to balance the snacks and sweets. Turn a favorite stew into a ghoulish delight with this ghostly garnish. Spoon servings of stew (or soup) into individual serving dishes, filling about two-thirds full. Using a pastry bag fitted with a large round tip, pipe hot mashed potatoes into a ghost shape on top of each serving. Use capers for ghost eyes, and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese around the base of each ghost.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena