Wednesday, January 19, 2011

ROW in 80 Days-- Hitting My Stride

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hitting my stride on meeting or exceeding my daily goal. I originally started with a mere 500 words a day, but I'm easily doubling or tripling that on weekdays. Weekends, I don't even try. I have too much going on to have the peace and solitude I need to write.
 
I'm definitely using Morgan Hawke's techniques for stripping plots, and that's a huge assist in keeping me and my wayward Muse on track. (Cleo has a tendency to wander unless firmly reined in. I don't know how I developed such a problem child Muse.) In fact, I've done so well that once I wrap up the current sex scene and tie up the loose ends of the plot, I'll have to return to the story I've neglected twice now-- Don't Need A Hero. I really wish I could make this one a m/m, but since "Pete" has already been established as a very female Himalayan cat shifter, I'm forced to go with the less lucrative format. (Dammit.)
 
I need to get as much done as possible. Thursday I have an orientation at the staffing agency to clear one of the last hurdles before they can assign me to a job. That will break up my day badly, especially since I promised to go to an SCA (Society for Creative Anachronisms) meeting Thursday night. Oh, dear...what have I done?
 
So, how are you doing on your goals?
 



Lena Austin
http://www.LenaAustin.com
http://depravedduchess.blogspot.com

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena