Friday, December 10, 2010

Make Your Own Mocha Coffee

In this day and age, a penny saved is worth doing. This recipe came from FlyLady.net, and I give FlyLady full credit for this wonderful recipe. If you are disorganized, cluttered, and stressed trying to do it all, then FlyLady.net is for you. Everyone praises me for being so "together" and I again credit FlyLady's system. So, here's FlyLady's recipe for saving yourself that daily cost of a mocha coffee:

Making your own Café Mocha does several things.


1. Saves Money


2. Saves Time


3. Saves the Environment when you use your own travel mug.


4. Warms you up on a cold day


5. Best of all; You feel loved


That is five good reasons for a cup of something warm and wonderful.


Here is my recipe.

Café Mocha

You will need a:


box of good powdered milk,


a jar (8 oz) of instant coffee (decaf or regular)


Nestles Quik chocolate milk powder.






I take the jar of coffee and pour it into a mixing bowl. Then I use it as the measuring cup, because this is a proportional recipe and the jar is the guide. Then I add two jars of the chocolate milk powder (16 oz) and three jars of powdered milk (24 oz). Stir with a spoon. If you use a less expensive/coarser powdered milk, you can put all of it into a food processor or blender and mix it better. I have even used the Hazelnut instant coffee and it is great too.

To Use: Scoop out 1/4 of a cup for each mug (mix with 1 cup of hot water) you make.




I keep the Mocha Mix in a glass canister with the 1/4 cup scoop in it. It also makes a great Holiday Gift! I did purchase some really fancy chocolate milk mix once and it didn't taste as well Nestles. LOL

This is a great no cook recipe for a gift! Put in a glass jar with a pretty mug lined with plastic wrap, add directions, a measuring spoon and a bow and you have a nice little gift.

We have a great mug that keeps your café mocha hot. You know how we


forget to drink it after we make it. You don't have to travel to use a


travel mug to keep your mocha hot. It is good for those of us who get


sidetracked!


http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlyShop_purple_mug.asp

Lena here. I keep a box of dry milk powder around. It's amazing how you can stretch an expensive gallon of milk into two gallons by making up a gallon of dry, then mixing the two. You cut the fat and carbs as well! The nice part is, I can cook with the milk I make with the dry powder in emergencies.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena