Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Leftovers 1-- Thanksgiving Pie

Alice Johnston's Thanksgiving Pie
Serves 4 to 6

Leftover gravy, heated
Leftover turkey, chopped
Leftover stuffing/dressing (whatever you call it at your house)
Leftover mashed potatoes
Leftover veggies
Leftover cranberries

Preheat 375 degrees.

In an 8 to 9 inch pie pan, press the leftover stuffing into a bottom to make a pie shell of sorts. Next, make a layer of potatoes, then veggies. Add the chopped turkey to the heated gravy and mix well. Pour that turkey mixture into the middle of your pie and put it in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes or so until completely heated through. Serve with leftover cranberries.

Note from Lena: Yeah, yeah! I know, you're not sure this will taste good. Trust me. The dressing/stuffing makes a fantastic crusty pie shell. In fact, you may want to make this in a casserole dish. The guys were disappointed there was "so little."

 Lena Austin
http://www.lenaaustin.com/
http://depravedduchess.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena