Monday, November 15, 2010

Glazed Nuts

Glazed Nuts
Glazed Nuts (Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook)

1-1/2 cups raw or roasted nuts
1/2 cup sugar
2 T. margarine or butter
1/2 t. vanilla

Line a baking sheet with foil. Butter the foil; set aside. In a heavy 10-inch skillet combine nuts, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Cook over medium-high heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until sugar begins to melt. Do not stir at this temperature. Shake.

Reduce heat to low and cook until sugar is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Pour onto prepared baking sheet. Cool completely, overnight is best. Break candy into clusters. Store tightly covered. Makes about 10 oz, or 12 servings.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena