Sunday, December 27, 2009

It's a Wonderful Sangria


It's a Wonderful Sangria

Go to Cocktails for more comforting, cold-weather recipes and videos.
It's a Wonderful Sangria

By Stephen Phillips


Keep your New Year's Eve party guests smiling with a flavor-filled, spiced-pear sangria with a champagne twist. I recommend you prepare this the day before the big event. It's well worth it.


Serves 8-10


Ingredients:

1 bottle chilled dry white wine

1 bottle chilled champagne (modestly good champagne will do)

3 oz. Damiana liqueur (herbal liqueur with citrus and vanilla flavors)

2 freshly sliced pears

2 apples (sliced and cored)

20 whole cloves

1 tsp. ground nutmeg


Preparation:
In a large pitcher, add the pears, apples, cloves and nutmeg.
Add the Damiana liqueur and stir.
Add the wine and stir gently.
Refrigerate overnight.When you're ready to serve, pour in your champagne, stirring it slowly within the mixture. Serve in an ice-filled wineglass.

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena