Thursday, January 8, 2009

Get Rich Slowly-- Commitment or Cost, Your Choice

I've posted about the Get Rich Slowly blog before, but this idea is too priceless not to share. You can read about it here: http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2009/01/08/commitment-contracts-and-stickkcom/

I'm a firm believer in goal-setting, but I realize that sometimes you need an incentive to give you that extra push of motivation. How about a wager where you lose money if you don't make your goals? OUCH, right?

You set the goal and the wager. It's a bet with yourself. You say who you pay, whether it's a charity or person. Me, I'd make the check going to my worst enemy or something I despise, like the Moral Majority. Yeah, really make it hurt.

There's no requirement to wager money, ever. However, if you're going to set a goal and mean it, shouldn't you punish yourself for failing?

Oh, and BTW, in case you didn't guess, I'm out of the hospital and recovering from surgery.

Lena

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena