Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Recipe: Snowballs



I first made this recipe when I was a mere seventeen years old. A neighbor got a cookie tin full as a gift, took them home, and made himself sick on them.
If you do store them in a tin, pack them in more powdered sugar. The sugar will cushion these little gems.
For the past thirty-two years, these cookies have been a tradition in our home. That is, when I could find the recipe. (Yes, I once was that disorganized.) I do recommend that all mothers and grandmothers make use of the small hands they have available to form the little cookie balls correctly. Adults have a tendency to make the balls too big. At least, that's what I told my children and now my grandchildren. (grin)
I'm sharing my most famous and beloved recipe with the world, so it will never be lost again.
Lift a glass of eggnog and wipe the powdered sugar from your lips long enough to salute. Let the holidays begin! See you after Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena