Thursday, October 30, 2008

Lena's Thanksgiving Coming Right Up

Call me a sucker for the Norman Rockwell thang, but I love Thanksgiving. I'm the matriarch (naturally). My family may be back in Denver mostly, but I still have my mother, Dante, and DH at minimum.

While I'll post the best of the best in my collection, this is my menu for 2008:

Appetizers:
Glazed Pecans
Ranch Crunchy Minglers
Chocolate Pleasers

Bread:
Bread Machine Dinner Rolls

Entree:
Bacon and Sage Butter Turkey (This is Dante's secret recipe, so I'll post my alternate)

Sides:
Fauxtatoes Supreme
Oven Roasted Asparagus and Leeks
Praline Yams
Green Beans with Apple Cider
Stuffin' Muffins

Sauces:
Cranberry Sauce
Pan Gravy

Dessert:
Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding

Pies:
Sensational Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
Impossible Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Mincemeat Pie
Sweet Potato Pie

Cookies:
Peanut Butter Balls
Indian Corn
Snowballs

Beverage:
Egg Nog (We toast the beginning of the winter holiday season with this and Snowballs.)

Over the next month, I'll post all of these recipes plus a few more I've chosen not to use this year. My tables will groan enough as it is!

Lena

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena