Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lena's No-No List for Macros

ly
as- This is a biggie, lately. Use it with similes, but be careful not to use it to describe sequential events, such as: "As he turned, she shot him." Say instead, "He whipped around and beheld the Colt 45 in her hand. The crack of a gunshot, and he felt the bullet explode into his body...) Don't waste the opportunity to describe.

that
it
kind of
sort of
almost
maybe
somehow
something
***
Ing
be
been
being
are
was
is
will be
had been
am
were
have
would
could
should
went
ed

***
somewhat
perhaps
nearly
very
only
just
suddenly
almost
should
would
could
feel
felt
begin
began
rather
a few
seem
appear
quite
really
always
***
said
thought
asked
answered
cried
whispered
muttered
responded
nodded
And
But


FIRST PERSON MACROS
I = highlight only
Me= him/her
My= his/her
We
Us
Our = their (one at a time!)
-self = as in, myself, herself, himself. Just highlight and correct manually.
Mine

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena