Monday, July 28, 2008

Writing Lessons-The Plot Card

You may notice this image is sideways. There's a reason. When you save to your computer for printout, this is how it must print. There are four plot cards to a page.

Some of you may be thinking, "Oh, now this is really anal! A card for each scene?" Yes, and here's why. They are a visual reference, and nothing more. They serve as a reminder what the purpose of the scene is, who's POV you're supposed to be in, and even remind you to include all five senses. I don't care how good you are, you will forget something that could make the reader feel the scene more.

The explanation comes next, so just hang tight. Print just one for now as a reference. If you don't like the idea after it's fully explained, you can delete the picture and I'll never know will I?

Lena

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena