Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Premise Statement Worksheet

While Morgan Hawke gives an excellent lesson for this in her book, The Cheater's Guide to Writing Erotic Romance http://www.darkerotica.net/CheatersGuide.html and I cannot recommend this book enough, writing the premise statement as part of your blurb can be a challenge. I use the following worksheet. WARNING! You will not understand this without Morgan's book. Get it. It'll be the best money you spend on your career this year.

Premise Statement Worksheet

1. Premise (what vs. what):
2. Reverse of Premise (Theme):
3. Concept (How premise is explained)

The Characters:
1. Represents the Issue/Driven by Emotion, Action, Motive/Explain how:

2. Represents the Reverse/Driven by?/Explain how:

Premise Statement: Vice/Virtue + Movement + Dramatic Issue = (leads to) Fulfillment

1.

2.

Motto (Condensed from Premise Statement):

No comments:

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena