Monday, April 11, 2011

Mother's Day

I have a dilemma. It will soon be Mother's Day, and I'm clueless what to give my
mother other than a whole day of togetherness. I haven't been able to see her
much since my DH died, and part of my gift will be a day of "girl time."
However, I feel like I should give her at least a token gift.


She has too many cosmetics and perfumes because she works in a spa. She doesn't
like knickknacks because she's a minimalist when it comes to decor. Flowers and
plants won't do because she despises gardening with a passion. The only cliche
left is candy, and that's not a bad thought, but it is cliche.


I know, I could just give her a gift card and take her shopping, but it seems
like I didn't even try to find a good gift. While I personally love gift cards
so I can shop guilt-free, she's my Mom. I want to show her some love, even if my
budget is tighter than a virgin's ass. (sigh) Any ideas?


What would you like to get on Mother's Day?

Lena Austin
http://www.LenaAustin.com
http://depravedduchess.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Well, writer that you are, why don't you find a couple of good photographs that are good memories of past events and make her a small booklet of what you learned or treasure from the time?

Lee Plumb said...

An excellent idea, Shannon. My cousin also had a good suggestion. The combination of the two are ideal. Thanks!

Welcome to my Blog!

Thanks for popping by! Don't sit on the whipping horse unless you want to find out how it's used. I speak my mind and annoy many people, but all of it is meant in good spirit. Feel free to argue with me. I like it.

Best way to reach me is by email: voiceomt2002@yahoo.com

Lena